Hair Testing for a 90-Day Drug Use History
Hair Follicle Testing for drugs is the one of the only ways to get an in depth assessment of up to 90 days in the past to determine if someone has been using drugs. This is a great test for an employer or parent.
Simple specimen collection and highly accurate results that meet the same reference standards as urine testing. In addition, there are no known methods for sample adulteration (hair washing will not dilute the sample). Because specimen collection can be directly observed, the risk of adulteration is even further reduced.
We get the results back to you quicker: Negative results are reported within 24 hours of receipt at the laboratory, and positive results are confirmed using gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) or gas chromatography/mass spectrometry/mass spectrometry (GC/MS/MS) within 48 to 72 hours. Hair testing is also forensically defensible.
When compared with urine specimen testing, hair testing provides up to 2.5 times the number of positives and a longer detection window. Hair testing can test for the following classes of drugs:
- Amphetamines (including Ecstasy + Methamphetamines)
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
- Expanded Opiates Panel: includes Oxycodone and Hydrocodone/Hydromorphone
- Specialty Hair Follicle Panels from 7 to 15 drugs are also available and can include Benzodiazepines, Barbiturates, Methadone, Propoxyphene, Meperidine, Tramadol, Fentanyl, Sufentanil and Ketamine.
ChildGuard Hair Test
Our ChildGuard hair test can provide information about a child’s environment for the past 3 months by modifying conventional hair testing procedures. A positive result indicates that the child has experienced one or more of the following:
- Passive inhalation of drug smoke
- Contact with drug smoke
- Contact with sweat or skin oil of a drug user
- Contact with the physical substance
- Accidental or intentional ingestion of illegal drugs
ChildGuard is the only hair drug test intentionally designed to detect passive exposure.
Please Call us for information on Hair Follicle Testing